The verse on the shirt reads:
"For the Lord your God is the One who goes with you to fight for you
against your enemies to give you victory." Deut 20:4."
So much for not being of this world! This makes me sick, and I mean the kind of sick where you're hugging the toilet sick. This is not the Gospel. This is B.S. This is picking and choosing verses to serve your purpose at its finest.
I guess we need not take any heed to Christ's red letters to us saying that "blessed are the peacemakers", or to love/ pray for/ feed/ clothe our enemies. What about our battle not being against flesh and blood? I'm sure Jesus if he were here today would be found at a gun show stockpiling weapons, or traveling with the USO doing standup for the troops on the front lines. Is that sacrilegious? Sure. Just as much as this American nationalistic -"Christian" propaganda.
I will "pray for our troops", well, NOT that they have success on the battlefield, but that they come to saving and life/ career changing knowledge of the real Christ.

If that made you sick, watch this video and look at the Bible Boot Camp section. UGH.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.ted.com/talks/sam_richards_a_radical_experiment_in_empathy.html