*No fast food *Nothing with corn syrup *Nothing with MSG *Only organic produce
Yep. That was the challenge. I'm not preaching that you should do something similar, but just as a WOW moment I dare you to look at the ingredients on the things you purchase next time you're at the store. You'll be hard pressed to to find anything without corn syrup in it, and MSG is a close second. If you take a few minutes to research what doctors have said about those two ingredients, let alone artificial sweeteners, you'll probably rethink what you eat.
In the month of June alone I lost 4 pounds, and as of this morning I've lost 16 pounds!!! Back at the start of the No Junk Food June, I was weighing the most I've ever weighed (228#). While I've not been overly cautious about what in ingest since the challenge ended, I have tried to seek out bread and other products that are free of corn syrup, I've tried to keep up with eating all the fruit I get from my organic food co-op, and I've also been trying to be more active.
I feel great! Not perfect, but great. During the month of June I felt fantastic, and wasn't having those afternoon lulls where I wanted to take a nap. My body and blood sugar felt consistent.
Food. Can't live without it, but we can live better or worse depending on what we're eating. That's food for thought. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment