I've spent all day feeling as if I've been told I'm dying.
I'm 32 and tonight I start taking blood pressure meds. In fact the same meds my 70 year old dad is taking. What the hell?! This isn't me. This isn't how I want to live. I've always been doctorphobic and seeing that I was Straight-Edge for a time I'm still not too keen on taking drugs let alone taking them for the rest of my life.
While I know that high blood pressure isn't the end of the world, it truly does feel that my life has been cut short. Maybe I'm just being "dramatic". My girlfriend has definitely accused me of that before. So I'm trying to not freak out.
Here's to living! Here's to living boldly! Here's to new pastimes and new habits (all before New Year's even)! Here's to living in spite of any setbacks!
"Life is short and these dreams don’t chase themselves. In the face of the brevity of life and the wonders that await in the short span we’ve got, a little fear standing between us and our dreams – whatever they are – seems a poor reason, for not reaching out for those dreams."
-David duChemin
No comments:
Post a Comment