Friday, November 11, 2011

Advent Conspiracy!

For a few years now I've encouraged people to check out Advent Conspiracy. An organization that encourages you to: Worship Fully. Spend Less. Give More. Love All.  Well, I'm promoting them again this year. I have personally found that when my attention and time isn't given over to consumerism, but instead dedicated to being relational - I enjoy Christmas so much more. We really don't need more stuff in our lives.

Please watch the short video and then see my challenge to you after that. Unless you just don't have the time, then just skip to my challenge.

 

Consider cutting back this Christmas, give of yourself instead of giving cheap toys from China that secretly have lead based paints. Think back to when you were a kid - more likely than not you remember the time with family and friends over those Lincoln Logs or Barbie's you received. Here's my greater challenge, or lesser possibly, through the Advent Conspiracy website you can make a donation that helps clean drinking water projects around the world, via Living Water International.

Andrea and I will MATCH the first $2,000 that's donated! No joke! Just email me at tim.kippel@gmail.com to let me know how much you donated and I will immediately match it.

No comments:

Post a Comment