Where did this year go?! Andrea and I have had a whirlwind of a year. And I love her so much more than I did at the outset of the year. We have had some awesome camping adventures, a trip to the Dominican Republic and great friends came to visit us in Colorado. It has been a busy year, so busy that our Indy Movie Nights kind of went by the wayside (something I'd like to start back up regularly). We've spent time with family reminising, laughing and enjoying food. Overall 2013 has been a great year with some really-really tough spots.
Faith:
We've been attending Tri-Lakes Chapel (now The Ascent Church) for about a year now. The best part of that is their "Base Camps" (i.e. small groups) which are comprised of our neighbors. So now about once a week we're hanging out with people in our own neighborhood, having dinner while getting to know them. It is pretty fun. However, I still miss Scum of the Earth Church in Denver.
Work:
As of January I'll be working on the Homeless Outreach Team. I'm super stoked to do this as homelessness is one of the things that breaks my heart the most. I've been hoping to get on this unit for years and now it is finally coming to pass.
Coolest Adventure of 2013:
Raddest Family Thing to Happen in 2013:
- My brother Jeremy moved here to Colorado!
Miles by bike in 2013:
- 2,104
Greatest Physical Accomplishments of 2013:
- Ride up Pikes Peak (39.6 miles / 7,306 feet of climbing / 3,264 calories)
- First "century" ride (102.8 miles / 6,770 feet of climbing / 5,019 calories)
Most Important Thing I Wrote in 2013:
Film Find of 2013:
Highlight of 2013:
- Photographed for a piece on cycling in 5280 Magazine
Greatest Sporting Feat as Seen in Person:
- Sebastien Loeb's insane and record shattering run at the Pikes Peak Hill Climb
- Gregory Alan Isakov, CD release show at The Boulder Theater
Tattoo of 2013:
- Ring finger tattoo that says "beloved" in Greek
- Edward Snowden
- The Weatherman by Gregory Alan Isakov
- Repave by Volcano Choir
- Pompeii by Bastille
- Royals by Lorde
- Best Day of my Life by American Authors
- Wake Me Up by Avicii
- Rush
- The Butler (minus Oprah)
- The Great Gatsby
- The Way, Way Back
- Fast & Furious 6
- Oblivion
- Mud
- Nelson Mandela
- Paul Walker
- Tom Clancy
- Roger Ebert
No comments:
Post a Comment