Friday, January 14, 2011

A friend killed himself this morning...

I'm back working later at night, so when I got up this morning at about 10:30, after a fitful night's sleep I found that I had a voicemail from my friend and "brother" Brandon. This call was at 8:49. I knew something was wrong because Brandon works nights as well and probably got to bed at 4 this morning. I listened to the message, it was vague and he said to call him back.

When I called Brandon I could hear tiredness and sadness pour from his voice. He informed me that our friend and colleague, Patrick, had killed himself this morning.

This is the first and if I have any hand in it - the last, friend that has committed suicide!

For me music has a way of helping me get through the day, and the most painful of times. I fired up the Relevant FM player and this is the first song that came on. I was brought to tears. Today is going to be a hard day, but a beautiful day regardless of the death and destruction of a life.

P-Mac, you're going to be greatly missed...

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends. -Erin B.

    ReplyDelete